From Jim & Liz
You are invited to the biggest happy hour of all time – Cinco de Mayo! Our legendary Blue Margarita and a variety of well cocktails (and more) will be $4 all day this coming Friday.
Happy Hour is something we rarely talk about. We’ve been awarded “Best Happy Hour” countless times over the years. As recently as this month, we received Readers’ Choice of 2017 for Best Happy Hour from Fort Worth Texas Magazine. Our free Quesadilla Bar and $4 Happy Hour have been a Blue Mesa Grill staple and point of difference for over two decades. We give away cheese, chicken and veggie quesadillas with salsas, tortilla chips, and our signature sweet potato chips. So, after a typical comment like, “I love your Quesadilla Bar! I can get a Blue Margarita and a couple of quesadillas and skip dinner….”, you might ask why we continue to do it. And so, we developed the following “Why the heck do we do it? multiple choice quiz. Sorry, no prize for the winners. Remember, you’re already getting free quesadillas!
- We hope you try a featured Top Shelf Margarita, or our fresh fruit drink of the month, the Peach-Blueberry Margarita made with Cabo Wabo Blanco. Marketing lingo – an opportunity to ‘trade-up’.
- Often people bring friends who have never been to Blue Mesa before so the Happy Hour is a nice way to introduce newcomers to the restaurant. Marketing lingo – Happy Hour creates ‘trial’.
- Maybe you will stay for dinner. “After all those quesadillas, I doubt it.” Well, maybe next time? Or maybe you’ll see we are a great place for your next lunch (since our Happy Hour customers from nearby offices are also our lunch customers). Marketing lingo – a ‘cross-promotion’.
- A busy bar creates positive party energy in the whole restaurant, and a busy restaurant attracts more business – as in, ‘the parking lot is full, it must be good.” Marketing lingo – ‘synergy’.
- The Blue Margarita is strongly associated with Blue Mesa. Heck, the restaurant’s name is based on it! We sell it at such a good price at Happy Hour so you’ll always remember us for that drink. Marketing lingo – ‘branding’.
- We are nice people and want to make our core customers happy, even if we lose money doing it. Marketing lingo – ‘you need your heads examined!’
- All of the above.
Whatever the reason, we have a great Happy Hour. It’s the real deal. And the party this Friday is not to be missed. It will be a lot of fun!
and join us for the mother of all brunches
MOTHER’S DAY ALL-DAY BRUNCH
Sunday, May 14th from 8am-7pm
More sweet potato chips!
Liz & Jim
Thank you to our Blue Mesa Grill family.
See below for a list of some of our more tenured staff that truly are the ones who make it happen every day.
ROSARIO AND RAMAULDO
Long Time Employees, Rosario and Ramauldo. Aside from Rosario keeping up with fresh tortillas and Ramauldo running one of the fastest omelette bars in the Southwest, they both do incredible jobs of our caters and in house parties rockin’! I dont know what we would do without them!
One of our newer employees. Great personality and attitude. Always smiling and willing to do whatever it takes. Great team leader.
10-31 is his 19 year anniversary of employment. Hard working, committed and great customer service. His tenure with us is a testament to the person he is.
Has worked w/ us since we opened in 1999. He went from bussing tables to running our Sunday brunch buffet to becoming a head caterer. Most dependable hardworking guy I know.
NERAYDA JIMENEZ (NJ)
One more lead caterer, has been w/ us about 8 years. She brightens up every room she enters!
A busser that turned head caterer, started w/ us when he was in high school, early age of 16. He’s graduating from UNT this year, so proud of him.
WILLIAM & CORTNEY MCFARLIN
Our team decided to profile William and Cortney McFarlin raised in The Blue Mesa Family. Although they are adults working on their new careers they still are very active in Blue Mesa today, I truly believe what they have learned in our company has translated into success in other endeavors with Cortney becoming an LPC in family counseling and thanks to William for serving in the Air Force for six years and finishing his education while working at the our restaurant. Thanks for your leadership, and your hard work contributing to our success in Fort Worth.
MIRELLA DE LA SANCHEZ
Has been with us for 15 years as busser and caterer. She keeps our Sunday brunch refilled and is always smiling.
Has been with us for 15 years – the true meaning of “handmade,heartfelt”. Victor makes all of our desserts, sauces and dressings from scratch.
Has been with Blue Mesa for 14 years as server and our top caterer. He has more catering clients request him than we can count.