Stacked Hatch-Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Recreate our famous stacked hatch-chicken enchilada casserole with our step by step recipe below!
Serves 6 people
¼ cup canola oil
12 corn tortillas
Chicken Filling, hot (recipe below)
1 cup shredded jack cheese
1½ cups Hatch Chile Pozole (see recipe in archive)
1½ cups Three Red Chile sauce (see recipe in archive)
Pico de Gallo (see recipe in archive)
- In a pan heat the oil and dip each tortilla for 5 seconds, set aside and cover.
- Spray a 12×9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray and arrange 4 tortillas on the bottom of the pan.
- Distribute the Chicken Filling on the top of the tortillas.
- Then add another layer of tortillas, followed by cheese and another layer of tortillas.
- Ladle Hatch Chile Pozole on one half and Three Red Chile Sauce on the other.
- Cook in the oven until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and garnish with pico de gallo before serving.
2 TB. vegetable oil
8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
½ tsp. cumin
¼ cup chicken stock
¼ cup yellow onion, chopped fine
1 TB. garlic, minced
1 (10 oz. can) crushed tomatoes
1 tsp. salt
2 TB. cilantro, chopped rough
- Coat large sauté pan with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken over medium heat, allow 7 minutes each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle chicken with cumin before turning. Remove chicken to a platter, allow to cool.
- Using the same pan, sauté onion and garlic in remaining oil until translucent.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock, add shredded chicken and season with salt.
- Add crushed tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in cilantro.