Avocado, Mango & Jicama Salad with Grilled Rojo Shrimp
Recreate this refreshing salad with the unique taste of Recado Rojo Shrimp with our step by step recipe below!
Serving Size: 4
1 lb. baby lettuce mix
½ cup julienne cut jicama
½ julienne cut mango
½ julienne cut red onion
½ julienne cut, seeded tomatoes
1 sliced avocado
16 Grilled Rojo Shrimp see recipe
¾ cup Tequila Orange Vinaigrette see recipe
Tequila Orange Vinaigrette
2 TB. Sauza Silver Tequila
½ cup orange juice concentrate
¼ cup water
2 TB. Dijon mustard
1 TB. honey
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 cups canola oil
- Use about ½ to dress salad. Save the remaining to glaze the shrimp.
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor and pulse for 15 seconds. With the motor running, add oil in a slow stream to emulsify.
Recado Rojo Rub for Shrimp
Note: You’ll only need about ½ cup of this recipe. Save the remaining mixture for future use.
1 cup ground achiote*
5 TB. black pepper
5 TB. dried oregano
2 tsp. ground cloves
1 TB. ground cumin
5 TB. ground cinnamon
5 TB. ground coriander
5 TB. kosher salt
6 TB. granulated garlic
- Mix all the spices together until well blended.
*Achoite (ah show tay) is made from the annatto seed and gives a red glaze to grilled meats. You can find it at Hispanic groceries in a block form (but is more of a paste) mixed with other spices. If unavailable, use a smaller quantity of paprika.
Recado Rojo Grilled Shrimp
16 shelled and de-veined, large shrimp (16/20 to a lb.)
Recado Rojo Rub, as needed see recipe
Tequila Orange Vinaigrette see recipe
- Generously rub each shrimp with Recado Rojo.
- Place shrimp on a well heated grill for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Baste shrimp with Tequila Orange Vinaigrette.
- Mix salad ingredients (except avocado and shrimp) with Tequila Orange Vinaigrette and portion on each salad plate.
- Place avocado slices around the center of the salad.
- Arrange 4 grilled shrimp on each salad.