Stacked Hatch-Chicken Enchilada Casserole
canola oil inches ¼ cup
corn tortillas 12
chicken filling recipe below
shredded jack cheese 1 cup
Hatch Chile Pazole (see recipe in archive) 1.5 cup
Pico de Gallo (see recipe in archive)
1. In a pan heat the oil and dip each tortilla for 5 seconds, set aside and cover.
2. Spray a 12x9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray and arrange 4 tortillas on the bottom of the pan.
3. Distribute the Chicken Filling on the top of the tortillas.
4. Then add another layer of tortillas, followed by cheese and another layer of tortillas.
5. Ladle Hatch Chile Pozole on one half and Three Red Chile Sauce on the other.
6. Cook in the oven until cheese melts.
7. Remove from oven and garnish with pico de gallo before serving.
vegetable oil inches 2 TB
boneless, skinless chicken breast 8 oz
cumin ½ tsp.
chicken stock 1/4 cup
yellow onion, chopped fine 1 tb
garlice, minced 1/4 cup
crushed tomatoes 1 (10 oz can)
salt 1 tsp
cilantro, chopped rough 2 TB
1. Coat large sauté pan with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken over medium heat, allow 7 minutes each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle chicken with cumin before turning. Remove chicken to a platter, allow to cool.
2. Using the same pan, sauté onion and garlic in remaining oil until translucent.
3. Deglaze the pan with chicken stock, add shredded chicken and season with salt.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add in cilantro.